Our work in the southeast began in January 2000, when we were blessed to begin offering Clinical Services in Auburn, Falls City and Nebraska City. Four years later, we opened St. Francis Gift & Thrift, designating the profits to be used to fund emergency services and clinical services in the area. In October 2012, we remodeled our space and built permanent offices for our Emergency Services and Counseling Services. After a COVID-induced closure in 2020, we freshened our thrift store and refocused our efforts on providing financial assistance to our service region.
Here are the latest statistics that show the impact our Auburn outreach office continues to provide for Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, & Richardson counties.
- 282 INDIVIDUALS SERVED in 2021
- $18,173.61 IN FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (rent, utilities, auto repair, fire victims) including:
- AUTO REPAIR for 3 clients
- RENT for 28 clients
- UTILITIES for 16 clients
- 359 FOOD PANTRIES
- 10,589 LBS OF FOOD
- 112 HOLIDAY BASKETS/MEALS
- $1,619 in PERSONAL CARE ITEMS to 117 clients
- $320 in DIAPERS for our littlest clients
- $150 in FUEL GIFT CARDS- fueling travel for work, school, medical appointments, and more
- $610 in GIFT CARDS- used for Christmas gifts, specific items needed, and special dietary needs
- 17 NEW FANS valued at $255 providing cool relief to families during summertime
- $2,040 in NEW CLOTHING & HOME GOODS (Christmas gifts, winter gear) to 101 clients
- 29 SMALL APPLIANCES & $930 in FURNITURE (from St. Francis Gift & Thrift Store)
- OVER 1,337 VOLUNTEER HOURS during 2021
We're grateful to all who have connected, donated, and volunteered to bring Hope in the Good Life to our southeast Nebraska neighbors during the past year!