Catholic Social Services of Southern Nebraska is grateful for the enthusiastic support gained through successful donor project collaboration. To maintain our donor relationships with agency supporters, we’ve developed the following guidelines for potential projects.
- Please reach out to our Marketing & Development team before beginning any donor-led project or event. We’re here and eager to collaborate with you and to provide the information and CSS branded materials needed to successfully support our programs while maintaining our agency’s overall image. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (402) 430-5626, or click here for our website contact form. We will connect you with the right CSS team member for your specific project.
- We ask that you exclusively utilize our agency's existing MyRegistry.com lists (developed and managed by the CSS Marketing & Development team) for online purchases by donors. By doing this, you'll ensure that your generosity will have the greatest impact. Our current lists and information about them can be found here.
- Best practices for accepting online monetary donations include either:
- Utilizing our website donation form (csshope.org/donate) with manually-entered designations (preferred)
- Setting up a specific donation form on a specific CSS domain landing page (in rare instances)
- The best practices option for cash/check is for donors to mail donations directly to CSS offices (preferably PO Box 30425 Lincoln NE 68508) or to bring donations to our offices during our normal business hours.
There are a few important reasons for the processes outlined above. First, it allows us to capture the complete donor information and ensures all donors receive a thank you letter from us. It’s important to note that our thank you letters are more than just a tax receipt- they’re an important way for us to build and cultivate a relationship with our supporters. Second, for those who wish to donate but may be hesitant to give indirectly, having donations come exclusively through a CSS direct method lends credibility and transparency to the initiative.
Regardless of the donation method, there is an option to “give anonymously” for donors who wish to remain anonymous. And if the donor does not want to receive CSS correspondence, they simply request not to be added to our mailing lists.